Sunday, May 5, 2013

Keeping It Zen

So it has been a week since the epic triple brick workout and because of the stupid cold that I had I haven't done a single workout all week (unless you count the two failed attempts to run on the treadmill that both ended with me coughing my lungs up and sounding something like a cow in labor!  (and yes, I do know what that sounds like!)).

This forced break hasn't exactly come at a good time, as it's only a month now before Ironman Raleigh 70.3.  After reading The Coachman's (or is it Yoda's?) missive last week (see previous post) I have tried to "keep it zen" and not worry too much.  By-and-large I think that I suceeded, although it was probably stupid to try to get back on the treadmill before I was properly recovered!

If all had gone according to plan I should have run 12 miles yesterday and biked 3 hours today including hill repeats.   Under the category of "small victories" I did at least get out and managed to run an easy 4 miles on the Barton's Creek trails today without too much coughing.  On the plus side, my legs felt fresh - hopefully I'm back!

A random snap from last week's triple brick - just because!

No comments:

Post a Comment