Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Good Day to Try Out a New Toy......

The Puppeteer had me scheduled for both a swim and a run today.   I was hoping to run early because the forecast was for highs in the mid 90s F here in central North Carolina, but a series of conference calls for work got in the way, so I settled for getting the swim in at lunch time and running later in the day.......

The day flew by and by the time I got to the end of the work day it was still hot as heck out and humid as well.   Not only that but we were under an air quality alert because of wild fires burning south east of us in  Bladen and Pender counties.   As soon as you walked outside there was a strong smell of smoke - not healthy to run in!

Here's a picture of downtown Raleigh today lifted from one of our local news channels....


So what to do?   I didn't want to miss my workout - just a 40 min session with drills incorporated, but every one is important!

As it happens I had a great solution....

Last week we found out that friends of ours had a nice treadmill that they never used and that they were in the market for an eliptical machine.   Guess who had a virtually unused eliptical in their spare room?......

One borrowed truck (and numerous adult beverages) later on Sunday afternoon, the Nordictrack treadmill with 3 HP motor, a good sized deck, gradients etc. was installed at our house and the eliptical machine was at our friends' house!  It looks like this....


So, as a result of the heat, humidity and smoke, today was the perfect day to put this baby through it's paces and it didn't disappoint!   Enjoyed a 45 min. sweatfest - definitely a good swap - thanks Karen & Kenny!

I guess this is my future.........


No comments:

Post a Comment