Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sometimes it's just not meant to be.....

After a tough work week featuring long days, cancelled flights and all manner of general hassles, I finally made it down to Nags Head to join SWMBO and the Junior Sassoons on Friday evening.

I was looking forward to my scheduled two hour ride on Saturday, but I guess it just wasn't to be.

Things didn't start well when I got my bike out....  flat rear tire.  Ugh.   I changed that one and started north on the beach road having used my only spare inner tube.  Bad idea.....    about six miles in I felt a judder in my rear wheel and, sure enough, another flat.....    Damn, damn, damn!    I was lucky that the spot where I flatted was only about half a mile south of Outer Banks Cycles, so I was able to walk m bike there.  I new tire and three spare tubes later I was on my way again, but by this time the off-shore cross winds were getting crazy and I was working hard to avoid getting blown into traffic.  Once the thunder and lightning started I knew that the ride was over and turned for home. 

Just a little over 18 miles - not at all what I had in mind, but at least I lived to fight another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment