Tuesday, December 3, 2013

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I was very happy yesterday when my new Brooks Racer 5 ST running shoes arrived in the mail.


These have been my favorite make/model running shoes for a while and every time I get 350-400 miles on my previous pair I'm relieved that they are still making them.

When I started this crazy triathlon thing I tried several different makes of shoe, but none of them really worked for me. Nikes seemed to wear really quickly on the outside; others didn't have a wide enough toe box for my flipper feet (why on earth don't I swim faster?).

A couple of years back the guys at Bull City Running fitted me for these and I haven't looked back. They are nice an light and super comfortable - this is my fourth pair. As you can see, they have been made in a range of colors over the past couple of years!

Try as I might I can't get this picture to post the right way up - just imagine that you're in Australia!  The middle pair (my most recent) are usually white in the toe, but a few muddy runs recently have taken their toll!

A couple of weeks back, while I was marshaling at the Outer Banks Marathon, I visited the race expo. and the very nice Newton's rep tried to persuade me to switch. I have thought about trying them for a while, but they felt a little uncomfortable when I tried them on..... why change? I love these Racer 5 STs and "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!

Thanks Brooks - I guess you can count this as a favorable product review!

No comments:

Post a Comment