Sunday, October 9, 2011

What a long strange trip it's been......

Phew!   I'm back.......

Wow!   What a crazy month September was (and the first week in October).

Don't get me wrong - I'm so very grateful to be gainfully employed and to have a job that I really love.  That said, however, six straight weeks involving airports, hotels and the inevitably delayed flights wears pretty thin! 

Most importantly, all of this travel plays a certain amount of havoc with family life and SWMBO is an absolute trooper and keeps things together when I'm gone.  What would I do without her?  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful spouse, soul mate and best buddie!

On top of that though, it also really messes with your training and the past 5 or 6 weeks have been difficult, to say the least.  Not worth going into too much detail here but, suffice to say, I haven't exactly kept up with what The Puppeteer has been scheduling!  All of the business travel, including trans Atlantic flights and too many "red eye" flights back from California have played havoc with my training schedule, but what can you do?   My rule has always been family > work > training and that's just the way it is - I have to take the rough with the smooth.

Thankfully, as I look forward to the Outer Banks Half Marathon in November, I feel as if I'm finally getting "back on the horse" and I'm very happy about it!   The Puppeteer is delivering a heavily run focused trainig schedule and I'm feeling good. 

Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment