Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Memorial Day weekend is here..... and so is the humidity!

I guess that for many the arrival of Memorial Day signals that the pools are opening here in central NC and that (apparently) it's now OK for ladies to wear white shoes....   who makes up these ridiculous rules?

For me, however, it seems to signal the arrival of humidity....     I had two workouts today - a hilly five mile run early this morning and some brutal hill repeats on the bike this evening (just got them in before the thunderstorms arrived!).  It was very noticeable that the humidity has ramped-up considerably and both were a bit of a "sweat fest" and much more uncomfortable than they would have been a couple of weeks back.   It will get easier as I get used to it again, but I guess my mantra must be "hydrate, hydrate, hydrate" going forward!

Time to break out the ODO.RO.NO!  


No comments:

Post a Comment