Sunday, July 15, 2012

I Will.....

As my facebook friends know, I recently had a rush of blood to the head and signed-up for the Rev.3 Anderson, SC 70.3 "Half Ironman" distance triathlon on October 14th of this year.  http://rev3tri.com/anderson/anderson-news/


I don't want to do this to "just finish" - I want to make both myself and The Puppeteer proud and, in order to do that, I'm going to have to work very hard for the next three months.  I'm absolutely committed to doing this.   Here's my first pass at an "I Will List" - no doubt I will be adding more as time goes on!

I Will……

I will make myself and my coach proud at Rev.3 South Carolina 70.3 in October

In order to do this I will……

….work my ass off for the next three months
….give 100% on every workout

….lose at least 10 lbs by race day
….eat fewer carbs
….move my calorie input earlier in the day
….cut alcohol consumption by at least 50% (I’m not going nuts!)
….eat more fruit and veggies
….stay hydrated

….get more sleep (get to bed earlier)
….get my workouts in earlier to beat the heat

….not sneak any extra breaths during swim workouts
….do more open water work
….perfect my sighting and swim straight!
….finish swim workouts with tired lats

….not mash on the bike and maintain a high cadence – distribute power more evenly
….engage my core and glutes on the bike
….not freewheel unless I run out of gears
….take more calories on my rides
….stay aero!

….do 10 mins dynamic warm-up before every run
….toe-off and finish every stride
….learn to use contralateral rotation when I run

….become a lot more flexible
….do TRX or other core/flex work at least twice a week
….do yoga or other stretch/flex work at least twice a week

No comments:

Post a Comment