Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween - A Survivor's Story...

Well it's November 1st and another Halloween is in the books and I'm pleased to see the back of it.

Don't get me wrong - I love the costumes, the decorations, the pumpkins and, of course, the traditional jaunt around the neighborhood trick or treating with the kids, but why?  oh why?  does the appearance of mountains of candy have to coincide with when I'm trying to lose a few pounds in advance of the OBX Half Marathon?

I think that the rainy conditions here in Raleigh last night seem to have provided an absolute bonanza for the kids that were hardy enough to venture out.....   my guys ended-up with truck loads of Twix; rivers of Reeses; armfulls of Almond Joy and...    well.....   mounds of Mounds.

Thankfully I don't have a tremendously sweet tooth, and I didn't indulge in the candy fest last night, but it is going to take some good willpower not to levy what my neighbor calls "the Daddy tax" and help myself to the occasional goody from the candy jar.

I think that I can resist though, which is more than I can say for a food (I use the term very loosely) that really is a horror show and should be known as "the Devil's food".......

                          




I am addicted to the sour cream and onion ones - I only eat the low fat ones, but even so, they are sooooo bad for you.   What do they put in those things?  crack?

I can't possibly eat just one - I eat them two at a time and once the first two hit my taste buds, some sort of ravenous neuro-sensory part of my brain demands that I stop everything and immediately start to consume the entire tube in as short a period of time as possible - if furniture needs to be smashed or small children or pets trampled in order for me to get my fix, then so be it!

The only way I can resist is to insist that we don't have them in the house.  I went to the grocery store the other day and made the mistake of buying "just" one tube....   they were almost gone by the time I got back to the house.   These things are truly evil and the FDA needs to mandate some sort of health warning and do something about that smug little guy with the moustache and bow tie!   I hate that little bastard!   :-)

Pringles ... me gusta!

No comments:

Post a Comment