Monday, December 12, 2011

Where's My Tutu?

Step aside Vaslav Nijinsky; move over Rudolph Nureyev; get out of my way Mikhail Baryshnikov.....   there's a new sherif in town!

Our girls are very keen dancers and every year at around this time they have a parent participation day at the dance studio.....   and today was the day!   I went along to support our youngest daughter, but primarily to take a few photos and have a good laugh at SWMBO's expense but I was soon drawn into the class!   I was pleasantly surprised to find three other Dads in the same position.

No, not this position.....



This was basically a full lesson and it started with five minutes of really good stretching.  Needless to say most of the Moms were more flexible than tha Dads, but I think that I might have been the most flexible Dad.  It's not saying much, but score one for me!   It turned out to be a lot of fun and a good workout - there's no doubt that ballet is a serious athletic endeavor and I can see why it is becoming a popular cross-training option!

OK, so I didn't actually wear a tutu, but it was fun!   OK, actually it was fun apart from the part where SWMBO accidentally kicked me in the "unmentionables!

Just to prove I was there......

SWMBO working the pole bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment