Thursday, November 8, 2012

So that's it then....

....another season is in the books and it has ended somewhat on a down note....

I was supposed to be running the Outer Banks Half Marathon this weekend, but I have had to pull out and stay home.  Lots of good reasons, but I'm disappointed as it was to be a chance for a "fun run" and to hang out with friends, drink some beers and celebrate the end of what has, otherwise, been a very good season.  It will also break my string of successive runs in this event. 

Anyway, not much I can do.  Not only can I not shake this nasty bug (aches, breathing trouble, cough - yuck!), but SWMBO is even worse than me and there's really no way that I can leave her for the weekend with our marauding daughters!  On top of that, because of being unwell, I have done next to no workouts recently.   Oh well......

Good luck to all of my friends running this weekend - have fun and tip a few beers for me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment