Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Finally!

After really struggled with my training in late October because of some international travel and a nasty cold, I finally felt well enough to run again today.   Went for a steady 3.5 miler (hills).  Kept heartbeat at around 160-165 and did about 9:50 pace.   Finished pretty well with a 8:05 pace spurt for the last third of  mile.

Legs felt fine (as they should have after all the rest they have had!).  Lungs still "spongy" but definitely on the road to recovery.  Coughing a little, but manageable.

I can't believe how much I have missed getting out there (a good sign I guess). 

Not really sure what to expect for the OBX half on Nov. 14th but I'm at least confident now that I can put in a few more good runs before I start to taper.

No comments:

Post a Comment