Sunday, November 7, 2010

How Lucky Am I?

Went for a nine mile run this morning.  A magnificent clear fall day - couldn't be prettier.

I always do a lot of thinking on my long runs (I prefer not to take an i pod -  both for safety reasons and because somehow it seems to "pollute" my runs) but for some reason today my mind was doing overtime....

Spent a lot of time thinking about our friends and how lucky we are.   Thought especially about friends who were running the City of Oaks Marathon/Half Marathon today....   Lisa, Chantal, Casey, Dan and others...   and how lucky we all are to have our health and to still be able to go out and run, bike and swim .

Also got to reflect on the beautiful fall colors and how lucky we are to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Finished the nine miles and was barely out-of-breath.  Legs feel great.  Hopefully a good sign for next weekend and the OBX Half Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment