Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions.....

We have very much enjoyed the holiday season, including the annual "Gloggfest" celebrations down on the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  Training has been pretty light, in no small part because (a) I am still fighting off the final vestiges of a nasty cold that I had before Christmas and, in particular, (b) I am still struggling a little with the right calf injury that I suffered during a track workout at UNC earlier in December.  I thought that I was recovered, but I tweaked it again during a run along the beach road in Nags Head a few days ago and had to walk back along the beach.  A walk/run session this morning was fine and I'm hoping that some deep tissue work with The Beast later this week will finally get the kinks out.

Last year I didn't make any specific New Year's resolutions, preferring instead to focus on my first few months of working with The Puppeteer and to keep working on my "Don't be a Homer" initiative....      http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=1631188878356297104#editor/target=post;postID=3336876058300963647

I will post some specific training thoughts and objectives soon, but in the mean time I did decide to make two specific New Year's resolutions this year.   Here they are:

1.   The first is a "personal resolution"....     I will spend less time "pfutzing around" ("futzing?") on my computer and more time reading or doing something more constructive with my spare time.  This will also include being less obsessed about work email at all hours of the day and night!




2.  The second is a "triathlon resolution"....   I will put hard effort and full intensity into every training workout (unless specifically instructed not to!).     Focus, focus, focus!



If you see me slacking off feel free to yell at me!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment