Monday, December 20, 2010

Back, Back, Back.........

No, it's not Chris Burman calling yet another Tom Brady touchdown, it's the cause of some discomfort and not a little frustration for me this past week....

Went for a six mile hilly run last Wednesday and finished feeling good.  By that afternoon, however, while attending my youngest daughter's class Christmas party I could hardly move!  Yep...  nasty, incidious....  lower back pain!

I haven't done much except stretch and enjoy (???) some sessions with the foam roller since then.   Thankfully things seem to be feeling a lot better and I will likely be back on the bike tomorrow and will swim on Wednesday (no running yet).  Rest and heat have helped, but I'm also going to try something called Active Release Technique (ART) tomorrow.  I'm somewhat sceptical about chiropractice, but this is a new technique that has become very popular and is a technique that uses movement based massage of soft tissues.  I'm visiting a local therapist who is a friend of The Puzzler - I'll report back on how it goes!

She Who Must Be Obeyed has also booked me a deep tissue massage for Thursday.  Hopefully this will all add up to me feeling much better in time to take advantage of some time off over the holiday period to get back to doing some real workouts!

Baby's got better back than me......


No comments:

Post a Comment