Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Puppeteer.......

As I pointed out a couple of posts ago....  Holy Crap!   I'm being controlled!

OK, OK, so I volunteered for this....   I want to be coached.....   I want to improve.....   I even pay for it....    but it is, never-the-less a new feeling to have someone else dictating your workouts instead of planning your own.

Via TrainingPeaks Stacey inputs workouts for me to execute on a day-to-day basis.  I'm imagining that in time there will be a little more advanced warning, but at the moment Stacey is still learning more about where I am starting, what needs most work etc. (and she's probably sitting at home, swigging whiskey and plugging herself into the nearest light socket now that she's starting to realise what a huge project she has taken on!) so it's like opening an Advent Calendar - every day a new surprise!

In all seriousness, I am very excited about having a coach and entering a new phase in my training.  It's also fun!

Stacey is wonderful, but if I can get away with calling my wonderful wife "She Who Must Be Obeyed", I can sure as heck come up with a blog moniker for her!     I have thought long and hard about this and numerous possibilities have been discarded along the way.  "The Freak"?..   too easy.  "The Pansey Punisher"?...   not bad, but no......    I need something that conveys the power that Stacey has over her victims athletes....  something that conveys evil and pain.....    ah, yes.....   that's it......

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you.....   THE PUPPETEER!

No comments:

Post a Comment