Saturday, October 23, 2010

Back on the Horse

I have spent this past week on a business trip to Europe - a couple of days in Liverpool for a board meeting followed by a couple of days in and around Hamburg to meet with one of our collaborators.   Long week and very happy to be home!

I enjoy my international trips and always take my work out gear, but find it very difficult to actually do anything!  Generally there are dinner engagements every evening and I find that my craving for sleep seems to quickly overcome any desire to get up early and exercise.   This week all I managed was 45 minutes on the treadmill on Tuesday morning in the Liverpool Hilton (which happens to have one of the best gyms I've ever seen in a hotel - and I've seen a lot!).   Ah well.....

On the plus side I managed to eat pretty well.  I didn't go too crazy on my old favorites while in Liverpool and the food around the Baltic coast is designed to be eaten in  moderation - how much eel, zander and pickled herring can you eat?  

A light week now and again is probably good for me, but now it's time to get back on the horse and do some serious work. 

Albert Dock in Liverpool
Hamburg

No comments:

Post a Comment