Monday, October 4, 2010

Inspiration....

Just last Friday our friend Lisa told me that her short term triathlon objectives were to get a podium finish in her age group and to complete a sprint event in under 1 hour 30 minutes.

Yesterday Lisa took part in the Set-Up Events Jordan Lake Women's Sprint Triathlon and crushed it!  She finished second in her age group and finished in 1 hour 21 minutes 17 seconds.  Mission Accomplished!

I'm in awe of Lisa's splits:

750 m swim:        11:34
14 mile bike         44:10
5k run                  23:29

I can only dream of being that fast - awesome!

Lisa became a "triathlon junkie" a little before I did, but has really dedicated herself to training; hired a coach and so on.  An inspiration! - now that I have "got the feel" of what it's all about I'm going to take a page out of Lisa's book and really dedicate myself to some hard work and serious improvement next season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment