Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Darn it!

I had a great birthday weekend on the Outer Banks of North Carolina but left my camera battery charging in the wall and so can't download any pictures for a while.

Yep - I have officially reached the BIG 5-0!  Half way to one hundred!

Took a day off training for the big day and, OK, steadily imbibed "adult beverages" over the weekend, but you're only 50 once, right? 

Did a pretty good 5k run on Sunday.  Tried again today, but my legs were tired so I am officially designating this one a recovery run. 

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be forced into another couple of rest days (may not be a bad thing) as tomorrow I am having all four wisdom out!  No doubt there will be stories to tell.   Possibly the worst of it is that I have to be on a liquid diet for 3-4 days and then on a "mushy food" diet (yum!  sounds appetizing!) for a couple of weeks after that.  Will have to make sure that I'm getting the right nutrition prior to my big first race in a couple of weeks.  On the plus side, someone has suggested a shake made of Guinness and chocolate ice cream - sounds great!

No comments:

Post a Comment