Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bugger Off Earl!

So the big 5-0 is right around the corner.  Monday is the big day - rumor has it that it only happens once in a lifetime.  Don't want a big fancy celebration, but have been looking forward to heading down to the Outer Banks with friends.....

The big question now, I guess, is how much Outer Banks will be left after Hurricane Earl has passed by (hopefully not passed "over"!).   Just my luck!  I guess best case the sailing trip that She Who Must Be Obeyed has been so nice to organize won't be happending and worst case we won't be going at all.

Oh well,  I guess I'll have to drown my sorrows in a Plan B that involves taking out the frustration on some long work outs! 

I have been in touch with a cycling group called the Raleigh Gyros http://www.raleighgyros.com/ about going out on my first group ride.  Seem to be a very nice bunch of folks.  Perhaps if the OBX is a non-starter I'll join them for a ride on Sunday morning.  I also want to try out my shiny new wetsuit in an open water situation if I can - should be interesting - I'll keep you updated on that one.

Training has been going pretty well.  3.6 mile run over a very hilly course and 50 minutes in the pool yesterday.  21 mile bike ride this morning in beautiful weather.

Now if only Earl would bugger off out to sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment