Saturday, September 4, 2010

Oregon Inlet Ride

Just back after a quick jaunt on the bike down to Oregon Inlet and back.  Started off really well and was averaging around 21 mph but eventually ran into a traffic back-up which threw a wrench in the works.  I hadn't counted on them having just opened the Bonner Bridge after Hurricane Earl and the world and their grandmother trying to get back onto Hatteras Island to continue their vacation or enjoy the beautiful weather this Labor Day weekend.  Difficult to believe that  we had a Cat. 4 hurricane barreling down on the area just a few days back.  Here's the traffic back-up at the Bonner Bridge and some residual overwash from the storm:


I did finally make it to the Oregon Inlet fisging center:


That ridiculous goatee has to go!


I thought that I would take a good picture of my new favorite toy - Cannondale CAAD 9-5.   I must admit that I was a little worried that there would be a gust of wind and that I would have to fish it out of the water.  Luckily everything stayed put:


A much harder ride on the way back up north into a strong head wind.  A good work out!  Here's what the ride looked like on the Garmin 310XT (more on this really nifty device later) - doesn't include the slow going in traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment